Dear Burgh Angel,
GHA is a sad excuse for providing safe housing! Just the mention of GHA makes my blood boil! We at 434 St. Georges Road must be the only block of flats with no CCTV! A lift that is condemned years ago!
If they were a private landlord? Glasgow City Council would have prosecuted them years ago for not providing safe and secure housing!
The Angel Comments :
Hi Jo. That’s interesting. Would you like to be interviewed for the Angel about it. We have a number of questions we’d like to ask you, to tell our readers…
- First off for those who don’t know what is the Cre8 garden? What inspired this project?
- Could you tell us a bit about yourself… Where abouts do you stay, and what’s your job. Also given the topic what’s your favourite sport?
- Do you not think that the Commonwealth Games will encourage people to play sport?
- What will the games mean for people in Maryhill?
- What do you mean by the Common Good Games? Why should people take part?
- Is there a reason people should object to Glasgow’s bid for the Commonwealth Games in 2014?
- Why do you think so many people have signed the petition to call for the Commonwealth Games?
- What benefits or otherwise has hosting major sporting events brought to cities like Sydney, Barcelona etc?
- Council Leader Stephen Purcell has said the Games will not be funded through taxpayers money. The Angel has uncovered however that the Commonwealth Games is going to be funded by asset stripping of Glasgow City Council, which is to sell off huge portions of land (our “common good”) at rock bottom prices, which are earmarked as part of the bid and the infrastructure surrounding it, to developers. What do you think that will mean for ordinary Glaswegians?
- What can people do to challenge some of the negative impact that yourself and others think the Commonwealth Games will bring?
- When is the Common Good Games to take place and how can people take part?
Dear Burgh Angel,
A close associate of Edward Lyons junior was horrifically murdered in broad daylight last Monday morning near his home in Glenshee Street, Tolcross.
Gangster George ‘Goofy’ Docherty is believed to have been wearing a stab proof vest when he was attacked and stabbed ion the legs by several males. The assailants then drove their vehicle over Docherty several times before fleeing the scene and abandoning their vehicle in the Easterhouse area where it was later discovered burnt-out. This was the third attempt on Docherty’s life since he was released from Barlinnie prison in April this year, the last attempt, in June, resulted in him being stabbed 16 times and he subsequently discharged himself from hospital fearing for his own safety.
Docherty hit the headlines when bent lawyer Angela Baillie was jailed this year after she was caught smuggling heroin and other drugs in to Barlinnie prison for Docherty. The supergrass that tipped off the authorities about Docherty’s smuggling operation then claimed that he was hit with an electric cattle prod and abducted by Edward Lyons junior and his gang of thugs. He then claimed that he was tortured and stabbed and that Edward Lyons junior wrote the word ‘Grass’ on his forehead before dumping him on Balmore Road.
Edward Lyons uncle, David Lyons, owns an MOT station and car sales on the Balmore Road that he purchased for convicted drug baron Alex Donnelly. His other uncle Johnny Lyons has recently surrounded his Milton home with state of the art CCTV cameras. Shortly after Docherty was released from prison in April, Edward Lyons junior was shot in the mouth on the doorstep of his mothers’ home in Cathay Street Milton.
His father, also Eddie Lyons, is the boss of the controversial Chirnsyde Community Initiative, which is currently under investigation and had half its funding withheld by Glasgow City Council.
It is believed his funding runs out next week and it is possible that he will be removed from his position.
This possibility is welcomed by many locals who want Lyons out of the Chirnsyde Centre in the interests of children’s safety, as they believe Chirnsyde is being used by Eddie Lyons as a criminal recruitment centre.
Do you think Buchanan Galleries should be allowed to build over the city’s bus station?
[Click on the developers plans of the Buchanan Galleries Extension to vote.]